Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14th

Ah Valentine's Day, the one special day out of the year when it is appropriate to gorge yourself on sweets in the name love. And if you are in a relationship you are socially obligated to show extra affection to your significant-other(being PC sounds so sexy). And of course the only way you can show affection is with shiny things and sweets(yay capitalism!).
But I am not here to gripe about Valentine's Day, I have no ill feelings towards February. I do however have issues with the "Debbie Downers" out there who publicly lambast(you caught me, I've just been reading the Dictionary in my spare time) this holiday and those who celebrate it. I don't want to go below the belt here but what the hell I'll do it anyways; Just because you don't have someone to be your Valentine, or nobody sent you a CandyGram or flowers, does not mean you should try and diminish the fun other people are having. Don't be a curmudgeon, nobody likes a curmudgeon.

And now on to the creative stuff. Came up with a little poster idea for Valentine's Day, Cause nothing says "I Love You", like realistic representation of important organs and a dead guy in tub.

And if you are looking for a little chuckle ill refer you to my roommate's blog post about Singles Awareness Day Link

and now I leave you with the words of one Dr.Suess Phd.

We are all a little weird and
Life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual Weirdness and call it Love.

Have a lovely day(ok, I know it's night but go with me on this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment